How To Manage Inflammation (and Autoimmune: Thyroid)
- Replace Grains with Non-Starchy Vegetables (10 Vegetables A Day)
Vegetables scrub your system with fiber and minerals
- Have protein with each meal (Seeds, Legumes, Grass-Fed Meats, Avoid Soy)
Protein transports hormones to all cells
- Be Fat (Olive Oil, Seeds, Avocado, Coconut)
Fat (cholesterol) is a precursor to hormones
- Go Gluten-Free
The fad works for thyroid: gluten mimics the chemical composition of thyroid tissue
- Watch out for raw goiterogens (fully cook them)
Includes broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale - all cruciferous vegetables
- Go Glutathione (Avocado, Cooked Broccoli and Spinach)
Glutathione is the most abundant antioxidant in the body and heals thyroid tissue
- Fire Up the Gut
Natural plant compounds including turmeric, ginger, oregano oil, and black cumin oil have anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties to soothe indigestion.
- Practice Elimination Therapy for Food Sensitivities
Involves removing and reintroducing certain foods, google search “Elimination Diet” for a detailed description.
- Practice Relaxation: Breathe deeply and smile :)
Note: This is not medical advice, please see a doctor for any specific conditions. www.aihm.org
Web resources for health, search “thyroid” on the home page for each.